Thursday, January 26, 2012

episode 7 - cannons and a stage

so, it's been a while since I've written anything, but I've been way super swamped with projects.

I got a huge shipment of steel in the other day, it took some finagling to maneuver 10' pieces on a pallet jack. but I did finally get it in. most of it is for those simple tilt stands, and the new universal bases.



here's most of the parts for the confetti cannons, and and one fully assembled. they are going out this weekend and just need to be painted black. they all operate on 12v dc and I'm hoping to soon have DMX control. but for now it is a 4 channel controller with arm switches and a fire button.

So, this past Sunday I was contracted in to re-rig the truss on the stage. I was able to rent a 36' lift this time so I finally didn't have to do a ton of climbing around in the ceiling. well it started out as this...

and 15 hours later was something like this. I did learn an important lesson while I took this picture, you will notice that the lift is at the other end of the truss. I was planning on repelling off this end, but realized that not only did I forget my rope, but I had on the wrong harness. So, yeah, have fun gettin' down from that:-)

I had no hinges for this truss, so some pipe, cheeseboroughs, and extra shackles should do the trick. I was asked if it was legal to do this. I replied that the police haven't arrested me yet. lol. But I assure you, everything is hung completely safely.





well, that's all for today, tomorrow is going to be a long day for me, I just found out last minute that I have to be in early. so since I only have 5 hours till I have to be back up...

No comments:

Post a Comment