Thursday, October 29, 2009

So, today I get to tear out the floor in the soffit over the stage, it is 2 layers of .75" plywood. Im hoping that all the beams are where I think they are. I measured everything as best I could with the floor still down. I have to line up 4 clamps in a perfect straight line, but there is no way to hit it all with a laser or anything like that. well, I guess I could, but it would require I do a lot more demolition, and the plan it to put it back like nothing happened...

so here is a really crappy shot from inside. i will have to move the subs to pull out the floor, and since it will probably take me 2 weeks, I don't want to put them out of opperation, so I rigged them together real quick and picked them up about 18" so I could work underneath. I'll have to finish this project before I can hang truss now, cause I m using my chain motor...



and here is the floor removed. good and bad news tho, the beams are spaced exactly where I thought they would be, but there isnt any clearence to attach clamps, so I will spend my time till install it working out a new solution...



these are little "shelves" on the side, they are actually covering C beams that are for the goofy little wings on the side. but I have to take the top off and then cut through the wall and attach the clamp in there...



here is the other side already done, you can see what I'm talking about now, just really hard to tel what exactly is what in the picture...


well, I'm done for the day. I figured I'd put up some more of my Danger signs across the catwalk where I was working so nobody would step through and fall to the ground.



Well there was one piece of plywood that I couldn't get up but other then that it went well. I will have to come back with a crowbar or something and just rip it, cause i think some of the screws heads broke off...

exhausted and filthy- gonna go home and clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment